When we travel we love variety. We will stay at a nice hotel one night an Airbnb the next. We love renting homes for longer periods of time. Personality and uniqueness adds to our travel experience. Here is a listing of some of our favorite lodgings.
- Cliff House Inn, Ventura. Our favorite getaway place and right on the ocean. It’s old and a little dated but it all adds to the charm.
- Airbnb Modern Arts & Craft Studio: Belmont Shore, Long Beach. Great location and walkable to everything Check out our blog
- The Mission Inn, Riverside
- Los Angeles Athletic Club, Downtown LA is blooming is entertainment and food. Staying here gives to an elegant feel of days gone by.
- Palm Springs Rendezvous Hotel: Step back to the golden days of movies and TV.
- Hicksville Pines Chalets: Okay if you love theme lodging this is the place for you.
- Airbnb:-Drikung Dzogchen Temple House: This has to be the most unusual Airbnb we stayed out. We loved every moment. See our Blog Post
- Hotel Saint Pierre: French Quarter, New Orleans The hotel is a combination of several historic buildings in the French Quarter.Every room is charming and walking distance to everything.
- Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood: Made famous in the movie “The Shining” the historic lodge literally sits at the base of Mt. Hood.
South America: Peru
- Airbnb – Casa Nuestra, (Barranco District): We enjoyed our stay with Carmen and Francesco in the Bohemiam area of Lima.
- Hotel Antigua Miraflores: Lovely colonial hotel in the trendy Miraflores district.
- Airbnb – Ica Adventures, We choose Ica as it was central to all we wanted to do. The best part was Luis and his family. Check out our blog post
- Airbnb Penthouse – 3 Blocks from the Plaza. Located in the old colonial core of San Blas, this cute little apartment was perfect. It’s a little bit of a hike from the main plaza but worth it. Yolanda the host was sweet.
- Airbnb: #1 Furnished 2 Br 2 baths Cottage: we rented from Monica who was extremely helpful. Cute place with 2 rooms and a nice kitchen. Walking distance to everything.
- VRBO: Elegant Townhouse Sarlat, Large Grounds, Private Tennis and Pool:
Canada: British Columbia
- Victoria: Airbnb – The Nest. Charming little place with two rooms and close to town. Walkable historic neighborhood. Owner was a sweet and helpful
- Nanaimo: Airbnb – Breathtaking views from Sundeck The view was indeed terrific and a nice deck to sit on. The only negative was it sat on the highway and can be loud.
- Kelowna, Okanagan Valley: Airbnb – At Hummingbird Greenway B&B Our host Carrie was a delight and provided us with everything we needed. Beautiful accommodations.
- Vancouver: Airbnb Luxury 2 BR False Creek Water View, The view alone was well worth it. Great location and beautiful view.